Tuesday 23 April 2019

A day for reflection, personal celebration and private resolution?




Happy St George's Day!... Somehow, with the English utterly-failing to rise to the spiritual challenge of the Brexit opportunity; waving or displaying an actual flag for St George's day would seem inappropriate to me. After all, who would respond to such a gesture in the way that I would wish?

So I shall instead be making a personal statement by swapping my usual Northumberland lapel pin (above, below) for a St George's flag on the left side. It is simply a statement that the spirit of England is in my heart; an act of self-encouragement. 

The St G mini-flag was purchased from a supplier of patriotic English merchandise called Senlak - an organisation who regard the Anglo-Saxon invasion of AD449 as the defining event in our history.

No comments: