Monday 25 December 2023

Merry Christmas - Holly and the Ivy - Maddy Prior


Christmas has arrived! 

As usual, I am awake first, and the main business of the day has not yet begun - although my wife and I have exchanged stockings - she went back to sleep, and the kids are also asleep. 

It's still almost black dark outside (last I looked), and dry; although it rained a little during the early hours. I am warming the house, reading, writing notes; and listening to a CD of folk carols and medieval Christmas songs; from-which the above carol is taken - sung by the incomparable Maddy Prior. Exactly the right spirit for today. 

Ah! I hear sounds of movement upstairs... It begins. 

Merry Christmas to my co-bloggers, readers, and commenters. 


11 comments:

Stephen alexander said...

a blessed nativity to you and to all- Christ is in our midst!

Samuel said...

Merry Christmas to you all. Thank you.

WIT said...

Merry Christmas, Bruce!

Lucas said...

Merry Christmas!

Maolsheachlann said...

Merry Christmas, Bruce!

When I was a teenager I was ashamed to be still as excited about Christmas as a child! I'm over it!

I'm lying beside my sleeping wife, reading the Silmarillion, looking up at the lights on our Christmas tree in our one-room apartment, and sipping tea. Pretty good.

Jeffrey Cantrell said...

Yes, May you all have the merriest of Christmases and the enjoy peace to men of good will.

Francis Berger said...

Lovely music. Merry Christmas, Bruce!

David Earle said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Bruce.

We got just enough snow here this week to decorate the trees and make things look nice and festive.

Luke said...

Merry Christmas, Bruce!

No Longer Reading said...

Merry Christmas

John Prior said...

Blessed Christmas to you Bruce and all who gather around your hearth and heart. And also with the blog community.