It is striking that the Leftist Westerners who support the ideals of bureaucratic totalitarianism - I mean mostly those "knowledge-workers" of the managerial, state official, and intellectual-worker class - are operating in a bubble of inverted misconception.
These folk are passionately committed to institutions such as the UN, WHO, EU, the Left political parties, Environmentalist and other "charity" NGOs with ideals such as diversity and equality. They see themselves as wanting a compassionate and fair society, with utilitarian aims, operated on rational grounds by technical and professional experts (such as themselves).
Yet they actively support, admire, pin their hopes on the Agents of Chaos - the top leadership class who now control the UN, EU and all the other agencies and groups to whom the Western totalitarians affiliate.
And the Western knowledge worker class viscerally oppose the global representative of exactly that kind of utilitarian, bureaucratic, legalistic totalitarianism which they so much admire! Especially fearing and hating the Fire Nation to the east of Europe, and the Earth Kingdom of the far east: nations that are (overall) striving to retain and restore a version of the late twentieth century system of international law and relative "toleration" between the nation-powers.
My interest in this phenomenon is that almost all of the Western knowledge-worker class - e.g. lawyers, academics, religious leaders, teachers, scientists and the multitude of bureaucrats and managers - i.e. those who are, in principle, the most intelligent and "well-informed" of the masses; have been duped into solidly, stubbornly, supporting exactly that ideology of mutually-destructive chaos which aims to wipe-out the entire utilitarian-totalitarian project (starting with its most powerful national advocates).
The Western knowledge-workers therefore diligently sustain and serve the agenda of those who strategize to destroy everything they most cherish!
In a nutshell; the Western supporters of Lawful Evil, oppose the not-Western supporters of Lawful Evil; while vehemently actively promoting and sustaining the Western agents of Chaotic Evil*.
I find this fascinating, as a psycho-social phenomenon. I mean, the way that such a large group of people can be so thoroughly brainwashed to work so hard against their own interests**.
It is a telling example of the domination of One-Step self -interested reasoning I discussed yesterday.
It is exactly because the Western knowledge-workers are so in-thrall to One-Step reasoning, that they are so pathetically (and indeed despicably) vulnerable to such gross manipulation.
+++
*The situation somewhat resembles that described for Saruman and the Uruk-Hai in the Lord of the Rings.
Saruman represents the Western Agents of Chaos in the leadership class of the West; and the Western knowledge-workers are the Uruk-Hai.
The Uruk-Hai are presented as law-abiding orc-Men (hybrids specifically bred by Saruman...), who are loyally devoted and obedient to Saruman, who himself spouts a cynically-dishonest rhetoric of fairness, control, order... which cynical rhetoric is taken at face value and believed-in by the Uruk-Hai...
Meanwhile; Saruman has become a petty, sadistic, spitefully-destructive individual - whose overmastering motivation is increasingly rooted in resentment and fear; and whose primary desire is vengefully to torment and kill his grudge enemies.
Thus the Lawful Evil of the hard-working and conscientious Uruk-Hai/ Western knowledge-workers are set to work on a campaign of Chaos.
**The same applies mutatis mutandis to (almost) whole nations, such as the entity I have termed CHOAM (word-search it) whose people (it seems to be a large majority of them) are being willingly, indeed enthusiastically (?), led-towards their own descent into chaos and annihilation; under the deceptive rhetoric of of their rulers' pretence to be pursuing increased national power and system-expansion/ -consolidation.
Note: I am presenting this as an observation, and not intending that it be interpreted as a prescription for how the supporters of bureaucratic evil ought more effectively to pursue their self-interest! I do not wish to support either of the main strategies of evil: neither totalitarian nor chaotic. But I believe that we can only avoid being drawn-into supporting one or the other species of evil, by understanding the actual situation - including its wilfully self-blinded and delusional nature.
2 comments:
Bruce,
Thank you for this. I am currently rereading LOTR (Two Towers), and Gandalf just broke Saruman's staff and authority. Your writings (The Boromir Strategy) add another layer to my reread, and I am consistently impressed with the understanding that Tolkien had. I consistently see followers of Jesus, not understand the battle we are facing, especially the Boomer generation.
@Latigo - Thanks for your comment.
By a (not?) coincidence, I have Just been listening to exactly that scene from Two Towers on audiobook on my current listen-through - although, so as to make things not Too spooky, I stopped about five minutes before the staff breaking.
"not understand the battle we are facing, especially the Boomer generation"
This is true, although I don't see any evidence that the later generations have any better grasp of the real nature of the battle, and they lack any positive alternative vision.
It is perhaps more that post-Boomers are more negative and demotivated about *most* things, and as part of this maybe have less faith in the benefits of a Left-totalitarian-bureaucratic world view, than most of "my" generation and the one before.
Nonetheless, most younger folk seem to be in even-more in-thrall than Boomers, when it comes to many strategies of the totalitarians: (e.g.) AI-dolatry, CO2-climate mania, "diversity" etc.
Post a Comment