Wednesday 30 June 2021

Why the Roman Catholic Church is very important


I came across this Message in a Bottle video at Adam Piggott's blog, under the title A Christianity Without God. It is forty minutes long and (mostly) in Italian (with English subtitles); so I realize that not many readers will want to watch it. 

I did not intend to watch a foreign documentary on the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) - but having seen the beginning, I was gripped enough to jump to the conclusion - and then realized that I did not want to miss anything, and so I ended-up watching the whole thing. 

The subject matter is vast in scope. It includes the 'resignation' of Benedict XVI that was not a resignation; the 'papacy' of Francis I and its relationship to the centuries old agenda of Freemasonry; the RCC's reaction to the birdemic. 

Also there are several extended interviews with men who strike me as impressive representatives of (what seems to me) Roman Catholicism at its best. These are discussing our crucial need, now, for metaphysical truth and spiritual nourishment; and the official RCC's catastrophic failure to provide them from 2020.  

On the one hand there is convincing evidence of serious and strategic corruption in the RCC; on the other hand there is evidence of continued powerful spirituality. The one is a bureaucracy working for demonic, globalist, leftist, materialist evil; the other side is composed of groupings of thoughtful, intensely faithful individuals - rigorously and courageously working for divine Good.

The Roman Catholic Church is the largest Christian denomination, it contains both great evil and great Good - and these are why it remains very important to all types of Christians. 


Another value of this video is to emphasize that these are exciting, epic times; when the war of Good and evil has come to the surface and encompasses all of life. I felt quietly-inspired by watching it. 

We are called upon to recognize and acknowledge the nature of this era; to discern and to pick which side we fight upon. 

And this recognition, acknowledgment, discernment and enlistment is just as important within churches, as it is in the secular world.  


13 comments:

Adam said...

I am glad that you enjoyed it. And yes, I also find it to be inspiring for the same reasons that you mention.

Bruce Charlton said...

@Adam - Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Very eye-opening and, yes, hopeful.

The clips of Bergoglio saying he “has to obey” the civil authorities, and of a policeman telling him what he can and can’t do, we’re surreal. Maybe every other religious leader can use those excuses, but this guy is the absolute monarch of his own independent state!

Truth to Life said...

So much synchronicity on this blog...today I interviewed with a RC school, haha. Catholicism gives me mixed feelings. On one hand I appreciate the sense of reverence toward God that is usually missing in modern Protestant churches. On the other hand, a lot of the traditions seem to me like empty formalism. The good/evil description is spot on.

Bruce Charlton said...

@Wm - I am impressed that you watched it - knowing your aversion to video.

Bruce Charlton said...

@TtL - I am not myself a Roman Catholic (although I have been an Anglo-Catholic, which is perhaps the nearest thing); but I certainly appreciate (and am inspired by) its strengths.

One of them is the unsurpassed (in the history of the world!) precision of theology, doctrine, canon law etc - which can be seen in this video among the faithful. When an educated and intelligent Roman Catholic is well-motivated, this precision enables him to detect and exactly identify the wrongness of the corrupt leadership.

By contrast, the 'fuzziness' (lesser precision, lesser cohesion) of other Christian denominations - while *sometimes* a strength - makes it very difficult for church members to detect and pinpoint *exactly* what is wrong with what a corrupt leader is saying or doing.

William Wildblood said...

I had exactly the same reaction as you, Bruce. Thought I'd skip to the end but then felt impelled to watch the whole thing and am glad I did. These people are trying to hollow Christianity out and leave it a desiccated shell of itself which is what happens when the transcendent is disregarded and God is seen in terms of Man.

Bruce Charlton said...

@William - So it wasn't just me!

Stephen Macdonald said...

Many of us were instantly repelled by Bergoglio. The deeper you dig into the cabal that arranged this outrageous papacy, the more intense the spiritual shudder.

I've also continued to deeply admire those Catholics who steadfastly serve God. Men such as Cardinal Sarah come to mind. Is he in the video? I suppose I should watch it myself and find out.

Bruce Charlton said...

Note to commenters - Watch the video before asking me questions!

a_probst said...

I watched it. No questions.


"Is the Pope Catholic?" used to be a rhetorical question.

No Longer Reading said...

I also watched the entire video and found it quite interesting, especially the details regarding the Latin proclamation.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@a_probst

It’s still a rhetorical question, just the other way!