Tuesday 6 December 2022

Romantic Christian audio lectures at New World Island

For those who sometimes prefer listening to reading; I have put a link into the sidebar of the New World Island YouTube channel; which takes a selection from the Romantic Christian blogs listed above, and makes them into audio-lectures.

The prose is 'read' by the familiar Kindle test-to-speech robot called, I think, Brian; who has an English accent - and pleasing ambient music has been added to the soundtrack. 

This venture has been done by that same indefatigable, workaholic, Trojan beaver techie who also set-up the invaluable Synlogos.org blog aggregator; as well as the New World Island aggregator that provides a more detailed focus on the Romantic Christian content.  

To him I say - Thanks very much for your efforts and commitment! 


9 comments:

Sasha Melnik said...

Checking in - and not to steal glory. I run SL but not NWI.

But to the chap behind NWI, I offer to do some voice narration.

Bruce Charlton said...

@SM - Thanks, then, to both of you! and sorry for my confusion.

(My only excuse, beyond incompetence of memory, is that I find it extra hard to keep track when pseudonyms have been involved!...)

David Earle said...

Thanks Sasha. I left a comment for you on one of my videos re: synlogos as I'm not sure how else to contact you.

For now, the text-to-speech has been the easiest method that doesn't take much time at all to produce and yields good results (as with NWI, thismwas orig8nally intended for personal use).

And thanks Bruce. I re-read that final paragraph a couple times in confusion. You did correctly identify the voice (Brian), so that is impressive!

David Earle said...

Accidently pressed published, but got the gist of what I wanted to say out.

Bruce Charlton said...

@David E -

Sorry about the confusion!

"You did correctly identify the voice (Brian)" - I have often listening to him while doing household chores - if I want to continue a Kindle book I am partway through.

His pronunciation is pretty sound, but he has considerable trouble with "Rudolf Steiner" which sounds more like Rudol'fershteiner.

Yesterday I set him the task of reading a slightly modernized medieval Scots version of the ballad Thomas the Rhymer (quoted in Walter Scott's notes to the poem in "Border Minstrelry") - but he really did not appreciate that challenge...

Sasha Melnik said...

@David E drop me a mail at synlogos@protonmail.com or sashamelnikkiev@gmail.com - I check both.

Sean G. said...

Thank you to all involved. I'm finally getting through Lazarus writes. Audio is helping.

Rara Avis said...

What on earth is a Trojan beaver?

Bruce Charlton said...

@RA - I am quoting from a very amusing book - "I, an Actor" by Nicholas Craig, which is a parody of self-important memoirs by Act-Ors.

He (it is a pseudonym for an imaginary person) is describing how Incredibly Hard the actors job is, by ludicrously piling-on the terms associated with hard graft: hence Workaholic/ Trojan/ Beaver.

The term has entered my vocabulary, as my family can vouch.