Monday, 22 August 2016

State of consciousness is the end point

I awoke from nostalgic dreams into a sad, pessimistic, weak-feeling and almost despairing frame of mind - hard to shake-off, self-perpetuating.

And yet within not many minutes I snapped right out of it, in a moment - a matter of seconds - by listening to a few words from William Arkle that reminded me what I was and of my situation.

http://www.wessexresearchgroup.org/digital_08.html 

Instead of seeing myself in the materialistic light of 'this world' with its inevitability of transience and decline of all good things; I very suddenly remembered that I was: an unique, eternal, immortal being - experiencing this life on earth in the context of permanence and growth towards a state of fuller divinity and love. 

We don't need a complex analysis and a list of prescriptions; what we need and crave is that state of consciousness which is the end point of our striving.

Hearing just a few of Arkle's words reminded me of that 'wide-angle' state of consciousness; and the state of consciousness I then became, was itself the best possible thing that I could possibly do in the world. 

That state of consciousness was the best thing I could do in the world.  


We aren't aiming at some specific better arrangement of people and stuff the world - but are aiming at a way of being; and if we achieve this in ourselves, then that is the first - but also in a sense the last - step in the matter.

If we can be in the right way then that is what 'has an effect' - true consciousness is both end and means.