Thursday 27 October 2016

The world through rose-coloured light - something Good happened yesterday mid-afternoon

This morning as I stepped out of the house, the world was aglow with pinkish rosy light from a glorious sunrise that took-up nearly half of the sky.

This reminded me that yesterday mid-afternoon, I think about 4pm, I felt very strongly that something Good had happened. It was like a disturbance in The Force: perfectly solid and palpable to the mind, but not to the senses.

What was it? Something in me, something lifted from me, or something in The World?

And, if so, what? And in what part of the world?

I shall be very interested to discover - and in the meantime, I am feeling more than usually excited and hopeful.

3 comments:

Samson J. said...

I'm very interested to hear, too! It may be that you won't find out for a long, long time.

I remember in my 20s, when my father died suddenly, I unquestionably felt a "disturbance in the Force" telling me that something Bad had happened, and my mother reported feeling the same thing. And there are people who deny the reality of this sort of experience... smh

Bruce Charlton said...

@SJ - Not always, but I sometimes do find out about these things.

For example, at times I do an unpremeditated blog post because it comes into mind and seems to be 'wanted' - and often I get a email soon after to say that *that* was exactly what some person wanted or needed at that exact time - it happened yesterday, for example.

Bellis said...

A wonderful post, and yes Samson I've also found that these things often do take a while to reveal themselves, though hopefully not too long in this case!