Thursday 13 December 2018

Dad jokes - They work on so many levels...

I am a great fan of Dad jokes; which are something that everybody 'enjoys'; enjoys making, laughing the first time, groaning or complaining in response the next score times, enjoys noticing the recurrence, enjoys making-fun-of, enjoys campaigning to try and stop... and so on.

A Dad joke is one that keeps on giving, year after year.

Here's a good example, from Junior Ganymede, of a Dad joke that mutated and started to evolve, to invade new ecosystems...

1 comment:

Matthew T said...

I also love "dad jokes", and like dads round the world, enjoy making my children groan.

Not to wax too cynical on a topic that should be light-hearted, but I do have a dislike for the very term "dad joke", because I feel that what is here being called "dad" humour is what used to be called simply humour. I don't like the fact that silly, corny, innocent humour should be considered a separate kind of humour from the, I suppose, dominant humour that is snarky, sarcastic, hurtful.