Thursday 2 July 2015

Reader's Question: What's your favorite meal?

My response: I am a 'morning person', so my favourite meal would be a breakfast. And the context of the meal helps.

So, one favourite would be, while staying at a good Bed and Breakfast with the family, to eat a full English breakfast with the prospect of a country walk ahead.

The full English would have bacon and two eggs, pork sausages, black pudding (a sausage made of blood), mushrooms and fried bread. Followed by toast with honey. And I would drink orange juice and (maybe) three cups of coffee.

The main danger is if I eat so much that I can't climb the hills - nearly all the blood having been sent to the gastro-intenstinal tract with not enough left over for the muscles...

*

3 comments:

Karl said...

What about bitter marmelade?

Bruce Charlton said...

@K I dislike it! I like Rose's Lime marmalade, or apricot jam.

Nathaniel said...

Sounds delicious!