Saturday 11 May 2019

Five meelion page views


Just to mark the passing of the latest milestone - five million page views for this blog mostly from the past nine years of daily blogging (after I was sacked from editing Medical Hypotheses). Last month was c. 79,000 views; which is on an upward trajectory.

But I'm very dubious whether these numbers reflect readers, since some of the traffic sources make no sense - 158 views in the past week from a high-school 'science field trip' page! - presumably these are 'bots' of some kind.

The main thing is that I am getting plenty of stimulating comments these days, which is very encouraging - so thanks!

8 comments:

Francis Berger said...

Congratulations! And thank you for your excellent work on this blog over the years. The upward projectory you mention is good news indeed.

John Fitzgerald said...

Well done! You're a real standard bearer.

Bruce Charlton said...

Thanks chaps - but even such moderate 'success' is dangerous: I fully expect to be deplatformed in the next 24 hours...

Desert Rat said...

Well, I am a real, live man. Keep up the good work.

Rich said...

Bravo, Bruce!

Stephen Macdonald said...

Bruce, if you are in fact deplatformed it would be good to know whether you plan to continue your (IMO valuable) blogging work, and if so, how and where.

Bruce Charlton said...

@Nova - I don't have any particular plans. I'll see how I feel when it happens.

John Fitzgerald said...

You might not be deplatformed. You might be tempted with an honour instead - OBE, CBE, etc!