Monday 21 October 2019

The strangely chaotic nature of life, contrasted with the golden thread

Since I was (officially) adult, life has always seems strangely chaotic - 'despite' that my actual, externally-visible, life was much more ordered than most.

The chaotic-ness is not in anything spectacular but in the the way that some aspects of it, quantitatively most of it, crumbles away behind me on a daily, hourly, basis.

Life, it seems, is not a structure; not something that is built - piece by piece - into any kind of edifice. One can add pieces - but they won't stay where they are put - they will fall-out, they will distort or crumble.

When I look back - expecting to see an edifice - with evidence of my handiwork, I find my labours are not to be discovered. Most of what I did (and thought supremely important, at the time) I not longer 'remember'.

That is, I merely remember about it; but the memory is as unreal as a newspaper report or an advert. I - personally - am not there in the memory; even if I can see it through my past eyes, from my past perspective.

Instead there is something very different - a single golden thread that constitutes my mythical life. This represents what I have learned that was important - spiritually and eternally important - specifically important to me.   

This seems like a microcosmic clue to the nature of universal reality, to Heaven. Not everything is remembered; but what is significant to Heavenly Beings is permanent.

'Everything' is infinite and has no structure; what is truly remembered is because of its important relation the perspective of a Being. It is the consciousness of that Being which interacts with chaotic reality to create what we see as structure.

This is, indeed, the primary act of creation. It was God's interaction with primal chaos that began creation - all of significance depended upon the perspective of God (and God is incarnate; so God necessarily has perspective).

A great deal of what happens falls-away. This contributes to that feeling of chaos. But what matters does not fall away - this contributes to the feeling of life as cumulative, structural.

Of course, in mortal life, the falling-away is compounded by the impermanence of our bodies, and of earthly things. This aspect does not happen in the resurrected world of Heaven.

But in the eternity of Heaven, I would expect that still there is falling away, still not everything is permanent, still there will be trial and error - because this is an aspect of creation.

Whenever we have Beings, and relationships between Beings (and that is an approximation of ultimate reality), there will be a 'dynamic' living situation; and part of aliveness is perspective, and perspective means partiality.

Or, from the opposite perspective, it means focus - it means a permanent thread deriving from personal significance and importance.     

No comments: