Monday 23 December 2019

Imagine dying, and what happens after...

I can imagine dying - being dead - finding myself as if in a dream: a perplexed, nightmarish half-awareness.

In this dream I am approached by Jesus, whom I recognise.

He holds out his hand. It is my decision whether I trust Jesus, take his hand, allow him to guide me through the transformation...

I imagine Jesus being accompanied by those whom I love and who have gone before. Even in my confused state, I know them; their loving presence sustains my trust, faith, belief in the goodness of Jesus; they reassure me that yes - I do indeed want to accept the proffered hand, and (as they did) to follow the Good Shepherd.

And then? I imagine it would be like awakening from the delirium of a fevered dream; swift clarification of thinking; surging strength and motivation; the crystallisation of joyous incarnation; awareness unprecedented; burgeoning love...

A coming to my-self.

1 comment:

Rich said...

What a beautiful description!