Thursday 20 October 2022

Living in expectation of the collapse...

I am so convinced that our civilization is being top-down engineered (bottom-up accepted) into collapse, that I have (spontaneously, not by choice) developed a 'catastrophizing' mind-set. 


For example, I woke this morning and the wi-fi signal was absent; so my immediate conclusion was that the global internet had been sabotaged. I was quite surprised when a reboot fixed the problem. 

The other day, I went out and there were no cars visible on a usually-busy road; and I simply assumed that there had been a nuclear warning and everybody had sheltered indoors. I felt quite causal and fatalistic about this prospect - just a shoulder shrug and some regret that I would die alone and without a change to think things through; but the possibility seemed almost everyday. 

And then just a few moments later; the traffic lights somewhere went green - and a wave of cars hove into view... as usual. 


I'm actually quite happy to think this way, because it helps in - almost effortlessly - resisting many of the recurrent (and manipulative) Project Fear campaigns to which we are subject in England these days. 

It's not because I regard catastrophically-bad futures as unlikely or exaggerated (although the real threats do not overlap with the fake ones which get pushed on us); in contrast, I continue to be surprised at the delays in their emergence.

...Although my understanding is that the longer the delay, the faster and more comprehensive the collapse will be, since we are progressively damaging our civilizational resilience. For instance, we are much, Much weaker than a year ago - because of sanctions; and that was on top of the purposive and chronic damage of the sexual revolution, 'sustainable/ Green', birdemic-peck, and antiracism/ mass immigration.

In material terms there is no way out; the only possible solutions are in the spiritual realm - yet there seems to be extremely little interest in this - so far as I can judge. Nearly all public discourse proceeds on an assumption that there is nothing new or different now than in the past. 


Nearly all public discourse is framed by the assumption that the scope of concern is this biological life and the assumed balance of pleasure versus pain in various persons and groups. What is worth thinking, saying and doing is evaluated on this 'hedonic mortal' basis, only.

So, it is natural that - because my own perspective is so different - I should find myself continuously at odds with The World. 

Including this continual expectation of imminent disaster which has such absurd consequences... until it doesn't! 


13 comments:

William Wildblood said...

I have felt more and more these last few weeks that the end of the world is nigh. Not literally but the collapse has probably got underway. The recent absurdity in the British political world is one indication but only one obvious one among many. There is the doubling of energy bills but also niggling problems everywhere. Recently in my own life initially small problems have become bigger and personal difficulties mount up one after the other. I feel that this helps to provide a kind of protection in that one becomes so used to things going wrong that it ceases to matter when they do.

Laura said...

Ditto. A brief (30 second) power outage in my home and I’m saying “Is this it? Is this Fire Nation?”

Bruce Charlton said...

@W - "I have felt more and more these last few weeks that the end of the world is nigh."

I had this feeling a couple of years ago, and it didn't happen - but one day this feeling will be correct (in some way); and I fully expect Your impressions would be more valid than Mine (me being a bit excitable and moody).

@L - It's interesting that we share this kind of spontaneous reaction - just so long as we don't panic in consequence!

jana gatien said...

I feel the imminence of collapse as well. Some moments, however, it is tricky for me to discern between my desire for "collapse" (which would, God willing, bring some of us closer to reunion w the Father and Christ) and actual premonition of collapse.

William Wildblood said...

Oh, I can be excitable and moody too! I'm not saying i think the end really is nigh but if the process involves ebbing and flowing we may be in a flow phase at the moment. Possibly we are just being prepared for when it really does take off.

R.J.Cavazos said...

Much of this for you Dr.C is no doubt a consequence of being a highly intelligent man prone to thinking, seeking patterns and connections. But alas, soo much thinking at times brings us equal measures grief, joy, insights and grave errors. Occupational hazard I suppose.

ben said...

Had a similar thing several months ago with local power outages. For a while I was wondering if it was a major event and what one would do if it were.

Lucinda said...

When my mom had discovered she was going to die, and she couldn't get out of bed herself, one night she awoke and her computer touchscreen wouldn't register her finger movements, and she convinced herself she had become a ghost. Then morning came and my brother went into her room and helped her fix her computer.

She had several months of going to sleep wondering if she would awake. I spent those months saying goodnight to her, wondering if she would pass in the night, peaking in every morning cautiously saying hello. It went on for long enough, that I don't actually remember the last time I said goodbye. I tried to make every time count.

I think there is a kind of holiness in such expecting because of the feeling of powerlessness, yet trusting in God's goodness.

Epimetheus said...

I've honestly felt that you were rather too apocalyptic in the last few years. I chalked it up to your living in England, which looks to be in awful shape from where I stand.

Hopefully, God buoys the overall human race using the ascendant nations in the East and prevents a total collapse. It's hard to know what's really going on in the world.

Lady Mermaid said...

@Lucinda That is a touching story about your mom. May the Lord Jesus receive her. Our vulnerabilities do lead us to trust in God's goodness. That is why the forces of evil are pushing quick easy suicide w/ euthanasia. Giving a person time to come to terms w/ death is a great opportunity to focus on God.

The collapse is already underway and I think it's already happened in some manner. We just haven't seen the final results. My line of work exposes me to the dramatic price inflation. Yet the leadership is going full speed ahead into the abyss. The CDC has voted to add the baby peck shots to the childhood vaccination schedule in America. Boston University researchers are working on a COVID hybrid virus that may bring one of the four horsemen for real.

Nevertheless, this is no reason to despair. I truly that the collapse has been slow b/c God is giving us every opportunity to repent. While destruction may be necessary for people to repent, God would prefer us to repent w/o the suffering that is to come. We have to focus on aligning ourselves w/ God and become His co-creators in a world of increasing chaos.


Bruce Charlton said...

Lady Mermaid has left a comment:

"@Lucinda That is a touching story about your mom. May the Lord Jesus receive her. Our vulnerabilities do lead us to trust in God's goodness. That is why the forces of evil are pushing quick easy suicide w/ euthanasia. Giving a person time to come to terms w/ death is a great opportunity to focus on God.

"The collapse is already underway and I think it's already happened in some manner. We just haven't seen the final results. My line of work exposes me to the dramatic price inflation. Yet the leadership is going full speed ahead into the abyss...

"Nevertheless, this is no reason to despair. I truly that the collapse has been slow b/c God is giving us every opportunity to repent. While destruction may be necessary for people to repent, God would prefer us to repent w/o the suffering that is to come. We have to focus on aligning ourselves w/ God and become His co-creators in a world of increasing chaos."

The Anti-Gnostic said...

I think the social breakdown precedes the technological breakdown.

Kathleen said...

While the only possible (ultimate) solutions lie in the spiritual realm, we flesh and blood houses of these souls still need to survive and make it through to battle the evil among us. We are human for a purpose, we live physically for a reason. Knowing that God wins in the end prevents despair and allows me to live the best, most moral version of myself. Not easy, when your civilization is dying all around you, but preferable to the alternative.