Monday 11 January 2021

In case of blog deletion...

...My intention is to send a round-robin e-mail pseudo-blog to those commenters who ask to be included and are prepared to give me an email address (do this at the time --- Not now). 

So keep a note of my outlook e-mail address (on the sidebar) in case this happens. If so, just e-mail me then. 

If that doesn't work (i.e. my outlook email is also suspended); my co-bloggers (listed at the top of the sidebar) could perhaps be used as a second-line point of contact, if you check their blogs for info, or/and ask them nicely.

To Summarize: if it happens (but not otherwise) that is the time to email me


4 comments:

Dynamic said...

It's a wise idea to have some sort of backup plan. While it may be years yet, I suspect that cancel culture will continue to expand to eventually target anyone with ideas similar to the ones expressed on this blog. I suspect they won't come for you right away though; after all, many of your blog posts over the past year have been about some bird thing in a Hitchcock movie or about your dislike of Major League Baseball, not about any of the cancel culture mob's sacred cows (-:

Bruce Charlton said...

@D - In real life, a year has brought us close to the situation of 'everything not compulsory is forbidden' - I expect the same will happen online quite soon. But overall, this may be for the best - given the net evil effect of the internet.

Tyler said...

Quick question, your email appears garbled for me. No idea why. I am assuming it is intentional.

Bruce Charlton said...

@Tyler - It's a deliberate attempt to stop bots from harvesting my e-mail address and spamming me - if you realise it's an outlook.com account, you should be able to work out the rest.